*** Made to Order ***
*** IMPORTANT: PLEASE EMAIL/MESSAGE ME BEFORE YOU PLACE YOUR ORDER. We will iron out the details before you make your purchase.**
Wood immersed in epoxy resin.
These unique one-of-a-kind river serving boards can add a little zest to your in-house Happy Hours or add conversation to your next gathering whether it be displayed as artwork or used as a serving tray or cutting board. Each board is unique and no two are alike.
The River and Ocean Boards can be utilized as a serving tray, charcuterie board, cutting board, or artwork. Multifunctional use as a cutting board on one side and the more attractive side as your serving board if you prefer. We recommend cutting on the wood section to help preserve the beauty of the resin.
If you decide to use it as a cutting board, we recommend creating a board with a good amount of wood to cut on. To help preserve the beauty of the River Board, we don’t recommended cutting on the epoxy resin.
The epoxy resin we use is BPA free and FDA certified food-safe. It is finished with a plant-based, food-safe oil wax to help protect and bring out the natural beauty of the wood.
The wood was carefully selected for it’s beauty and unique properties. Whenever possible, we use salvaged wood but we never use wood that had finish on it so we can guarantee the food safety of each board. Other wood that is purchased is carefully selected by hand and never purchased in bulk.
If you enjoy “Wabi-Sabi” aesthetic, these River Boards are perfect for you. Since they are handmade items, you can see our “hand”/imperfections in the final product.
NOTE: In traditional Japanese aesthetics, wabi-sabi is a world view centered on the acceptance of transience and imperfection. The aesthetic is sometimes described as one of appreciating beauty that is “imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete” in nature.
Custom River Boards take approximately 6-8 weeks before shipping depending on our schedule.
Please send us a message before you purchase so we can iron out the details in advance. If there are options that fully fit your needs, feel free to purchase and we will message you.
If you are ready to order your custom River Board, choose your options before adding to your cart:
- SIZE: Choose a size from the menu or specify your size in your message to me
- SHADE of wood: I keep a selection of light and dark woods on hand at all times. Please specify which shade you prefer. If you have a specific species in mind (i.e. maple, walnut, ash, etc), please send me a note. If I don’t have it on hand, I will source it for you. A specific request might increase the total price of your board based on the cost of the wood.
- SEND A NOTE: Please list as many requirements as you like under “Personalization” on Etsy or send me an email if you are on the website to include your color selection. I can do as many colors as you would like but I recommend sticking to 2-3 colors. I am happy to take into consideration all preferences you may want and do my best to communicate what is possible with you. I will work with you via messaging/email to achieve the best possible outcome for your design. I will message/email you within 48hrs after you purchase a custom item, to talk about your one of a kind creation.
- The artworks pictured in this listing are a representation of what your piece COULD look similar to. They are all previous works that have been sold. You may also want to take a look at my Instagram page (@RustedElementDesign) to look through some of my past creations for inspiration. Please save any photos of River Boards you like best so you can share them with me.
- Domestic shipping to customers in the US is FREE for all boards 24” or less in length. All boards larger than 24” will be charged the final cost of shipping. For larger boards over 24”, I will set up a separate listing for the shipping fee. This must be paid before any artwork is shipped.
- International shipping is paid for by the customer.
- NOTE: There are NO refunds or exchanges on original artwork.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 21 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Information I Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order for a serving tray, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the US
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction.
If you reside in certain territories, including the US, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
Complain. If you reside in the US and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at info@RustedElementDesign. Alternately, you may mail me at:
23210 57th Ave W
P.O. Box 373
Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043